Code of Ethics
Compliance with Code of Ethics
Each member, upon signing an Application for Membership or Renewal of Membership, agree to be bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Registry, be also bound by the ABAR Inc Code of Ethics relating to responsible dog ownership, including the keeping, welfare, breeding, selling and working of dogs by members to the effect of the terms and conditions below.
Code of Ethics
In consideration of ABAR Inc accepting me to its general membership, I pledge to ABAR Inc that:
1. I shall ensure that at all times all dogs under my control are properly fenced or enclosed, properly housed, fed, watered, exercised and receive proper veterinary attention, if and when required.
2. I shall not allow any dogs under my care to roam at large and when away from home ensure that they are under effective control, at all times.
3. I shall take all steps in assuring definite retrieval of my dogs when being used in the field, with appropriate training including stock-proofing, before the first encounter.
4. I shall take into account the weather conditions, temperature and fitness of the dog when being worked so as not to cause stress to the dog.
5. I shall ensure that my dogs are properly protected when working, with the minimum requirement being a cut collar, which protects the throat and neck. Breastplates, vests, tracking collars, reflective tags, flashing tags and glow sticks are also encouraged.
6. I shall breed only for the purpose of improving the quality of the breed in line with the breed standard and not for the retail pet market.
7. Any puppy that I sell or otherwise transfer from my care must be a minimum of six (6) weeks of age. Upon the sale of the dog I shall provide the owner with a written guarantee of the health and working ability of the breed, and a current vaccination certificate of that dog issued by a Veterinary Surgeon unless new owner is advised otherwise.
8. I shall ensure that all persons acquiring dogs from me clearly understand their responsibility for the care and welfare of the animal as defined in (1) & (2). I shall not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed, nor falsely advertise in any media nor mislead any person regarding the performance of any dog.
9. To the best of my ability I shall ensure that any pup or dog that I sell are to suitable homes only. Taking into account fencing, use, yard size, children and other circumstances before sale.
10. I will take responsible action to reduce the incidence of hereditary diseases in my dogs.
11. If I sell a pup or dog as a pet I will advise the new owner of their need for exercise, training and stimulation.
12. I understand that at any time my memberhsip or dogs registration can be de-registered or frozen by the ABAR Inc Committee in line with Section 9 of the Rules of the Association.
13. I shall not abuse, threaten or harass the Committee Members or fellow members of ABAR Inc.
14. Any information I give about my dogs or myself will be of a truthful manner and not misleading in any way.
I acknowledge that I have read the above Code of Ethics and agree to these terms.